- Since 2008, Brinkman has successfully bid the majority of City of Toronto naturalization work, averaging approximately 40,000 trees and shrubs each year.
- Conditions of plants installed include live whips, bare-root, and potted stock, in a variety of sizes.
- Planting sites range in size and type, from 100m2 to 20,000m2, from riparian zones, old dumpsites, freeway medians/clover-leaves, park augmentations, etc.
- Plant installation includes soil amendment and mulch application, as well as providing site preparation when required.
- We apply best planting and post planting practices during a 24 month establishment period, including fertilization, irrigation, physical and mechanical nuisance/invasive species control, pruning and staking, and wildflower seeding.
- Applying our services as they work to develop criteria for cost effective naturalization strategies on MTO easements.
- This work showcases our specialized tilling and deep soiling approaches as well as addition of soil amendment, mulches, and varied planting practices as directed by Vineland staff.
- We have been pleased to be part of the Parks and Open Space projects over four seasons.
- Each year we have planted roughly 20,000 whips and shrubs, and 1000 calipers.
- Each year included the addition of soil amendment and tilling in excess of 15,000m2.
- Our most recent retaining wall was a combination Green Terramesh® system and stone gabion.
- At its highest it was 8m with a total length of 216m.
- This wall wrapped around a condominium foundation on an industrial brownfield next to a CN line, offering many challenges to foundation works and coordinating shared access issues with other contractors.
- Our team also installed a vibration barrier within the wall that is equal in height and length to the wall. ...
Project partners: Mark Adams, ECL Envirowest
- Construction of wattle grid on riprap slope face (6000 m2)
- Installation of 7000 m3 of custom blended soils
- Installation of 25000...
Project completed with Werner Kuemmlin, for City of Brampton
• 60,000 m2 of intensive site preparation including layout, mowing, tilling, and installation of amendment (3000 m3) and mulch (6000 m3)
• Installation of over 60,000 potted shrubs, 3,000 potted trees and 1000 caliper trees
• 24 months establishment maintenance including...
Case Studies British Columbia
- Supply and installation of custom blended growing medium for wetland ponds and for upland riparian areas (900m3)
- Supply, installation, maintenance and removal of 3,000 m2 of browse protection (ducks/geese)
- Supply and installation of over 40,000 wetland plants and 1,500 upland riparian trees and shrubs...
Completed with Dave Matsubara, Kerr Wood Leidel Associates
- Supply & insallation of 500 m2 of vegetated geowrap slope treatment
- Sourcing & supply of custom blended fast draining growing medium
- supply & Installation of live cuttings, trees and shrubs
- Installation of automatic irrigation...